WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

7.03.2012

Tuesday's Tip (#11)

Here's a tip for you:


K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid


My children are very fortunate. They have many nice toys with which to play. They can often be found playing with their iPod touches, a LeapPad, the computer, the iPad, the Wii, a Nintendo DS... you get the picture. There is a lot of technology going on in this house. Sometimes, though, I've found it's the simplest things that really keep their attention.


On Saturday, my mother-in-law gave the kids each a new box of 24 Crayola crayons. Personally, I can't think of anything better than a brand-new box of Crayolas. I had no idea it would entertain my children so immensely, though. All five of them colored for about 6 hours straight at the dining room table. It was an all day coloring event. Every few minutes, I'd hear the printer running and know that they'd Googled coloring page images again. They were so cute - and QUIET. And not asking to charge anything or replace batteries!


So, when they seem antsy, shut everything off and bust out the crayons. Go old school!



Have a tip to share? Or some coloring books? Feel free to leave a comment below...

...& be sure to check back every Tuesday for a new tip!





1 comment:

Lisa @ The Golden Spoons said...

Love it!! Nothing better than a new box of crayons!