WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

2.06.2013

Tuesday's Tips (#30)

Here's a tip for you: 

Get out of my way.


No, seriously. I'm talking to you, lady in the drop off lane who's having a freakin' conversation with another mom. The drop off lane is aptly named. You are supposed to pull up and drop your kids off. You are not supposed to get out, let each kid out of the car one by one, fix their hats, give them a little kiss, put on their backpacks, stop to have a little chat with another mom, pull another kid out of your car and take your sweet ass time watching your kids go into the building. I just sat behind you, trapped in the drop off lane, and watched you tell a funny joke that involved a goofy dance. Meanwhile, I had managed to get 4 kids out of the car and into the school in less than 2 minutes. 


My favorite part is when you finally made eye contact with me and did a little shrug, said, "Oh sorry," and sauntered into your car. I get it. You think you're cute and everything you do is cute. Well, go be cute in the parking lot. Park your car, take 10 minutes to drop off each kid, and you'll have plenty of time for funny jokes with the other moms. I left my house, flew to school, dropped off some of the kids, and now need to return home to meet the babysitter with the little one before I go to work. So just get out of my way. If you're not going to follow the rules of the drop off lane, go park your car. Because I'm feeling some serious road rage in the school parking lot. 



Have a tip to share? Or some road rage? Feel free to leave a comment below...

...& be sure to check back every Tuesday for a new tip!


2 comments:

Lisa @ The Golden Spoons said...

And, when I've been sitting in said drop off/pick up lane for 10-15 minutes, DO NOT cut in front of me by turning in from the wrong direction and acting as if you didn't know the rules of the road on the street in front of the school!!! (Yes, has actually happened to me more than a few times) :-)

Lissie said...

Yes!! My kids' old school had a pick up line and there were frequent cutters. It used to drive me insane (especially since I'm teetering on the brink of insanity anyway)!