WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

9.17.2013

Full-Time, Baby!

I started teaching in September of 2000. I taught into my fourth year, right up until the day I delivered Patrick in November of 2003. I was very lucky to be able to spend the next six years at home raising my children. In the fall of 2009, when Sean was about eight months old, I went back to teaching three days a week. The next three years, I worked four days a week and used my Fridays for things like laundry and lunch-mothering at my kids' school. (I even managed to squeeze in one more child - with a very short maternity leave.)

This year, however, is a whole new story. I am officially back to teaching full-time. I am excited about the job because I followed my principal to a turnaround school. It's a much bigger school (717 students), and it needs a lot of work. The days are longer, too. But, I'm teaching math now (which I love), and I have a lot of faith in my principal that she is really going to be able to turn this place around. She certainly has her work cut out for her.

I've got my work cut out for me, too. Like every other working stiff, my weekends only have two days. They are way too short. PJ & I like to spend our time having fun with the kids. Which leaves very little time for chores and errands. It's going to be interesting trying to strike a balance.

I have yet to figure out how to fit everything in. I'm trying to get a little better each week. Last week, I just tried to survive my first full week. This week, I've already managed two dinners in the slow-cooker (a necessity since I don't get home until 5pm), with another planned for tomorrow. That's a big step in the right direction since we had take-out every night last week. And I have officially given lunch packing duties to PJ. That's one less thing for the nightly "to do" list.

Maybe next week, I'll figure out how I can squeeze in a trip to the gym. I guess this is going to be a year of mastering time management. I can't quite find enough hours in the day just yet. Unless I give up sleep altogether. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough coffee in the world for that. 

So, wish me luck. Or come do my laundry. That would be way more useful than luck. ;)


HEY! If you enjoy the blog, why not become a follower? I'm the one who's officially a working mom. You can also stalk find me on Facebook and TwitterLike the page and follow me!

**And be sure to visit my Zazzle store. Don't you need a new coffee mug or apron?

Have you mastered time management? Feel free to share your wisdom/secrets in the comments below...


No comments: